I just wanted to share with you a post that Frank Dominguez shared with the Mexican Genealogy Group on Facebook since I did not want for it to just be lost on Facebook. I just formatted it to make it easier to read and added links to make it easier for the reader. Mr. Dominguez was so kind to share with us a listing of his work transcribing various censuses from la Provincia de Nueva Vizcaya. I hope that you may find it most useful and helpful in case that you are researching any of those mentioned areas.
This is Mr. Dominguez post on Facebook
To the Mexican Genealogy group, I have transcribed and indexed:
- the 1768 Parral census,
- the 1777 Parral census,
- the 1778 Santa Barbara census,
- the 1779 San Bartolome census,
- the 1785 Villa de Chihuahua census,
- the 1785 Chuviscar census,
- the 1785 Nombre de Dios (the one near the Villa de Chihuahua) census; all in la Provincia de Nueva Vizcaya.
I have also transribed all of the 1707 “listas de vecinos con sus armas” as found in the Parral archives. I am happy to do lookups for those of you have roots in PNV.
The “listas de vecinos” have been running as a series of articles in the journals of the Olibama Lopez Tushar Hispanic Legacy Research Center (OLTHLRC).
The 1785 census for Chuviscar appeared in the latest journal of the CSHG and the one for Nombre de Dios will appear in a future edition.
You can find Mr. Dominguez in the Mexican Genealogy Group on Facebook. If you have not joined you can do so here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mexicangenealogy/
Also in the comment area of this post let me know about your research on la Provincia de Nueva Vizcaya, that is if you have done research in that area. Remember Have Fun!
What Others are Reading NOW!
- How to Trace Your Family Tree in Mexico - December 13, 2017
- Records of the Order of Santiago, 1501-1799 - November 22, 2017
- New Spain & Mexico History Facebook Group - October 4, 2017
- Nobilario de los Reinos y Titulos de España - September 20, 2017
- Genealogical Resources to Help Discover Your Mexican Ancestry - September 13, 2017
- Genealogical Research in Medieval Asturias - September 6, 2017
- Learn to Read Spanish Documents from the 16th and 17th Centuries - May 17, 2017
- Listas de Pasajeros a Indias – Passenger Lists to the Indies - May 3, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Group With Over 4,000 Members - April 26, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Facebook Pages for Every State - March 22, 2017