Today is September the 16th and it is a day of celebration for Mexico and also for many Mexican Americans whom celebrate their rich history and culture. Today I just wanted to take the time and wish you a very happy independence day.
Feliz 16 de Septiembre!
In case that you don’t celebrate this day and want to learn more about it here are some great links to get more information about Mexico’s Independence.
- Grito de Dolores – Usually called the yell that was hear all over Mexico.
- Mexican War of Independence – Brief overview of Mexico’s war for Independence.
- Treaty of Cordoba – Treaty establishing independence form Spain.
- New Spain & Mexico History Facebook Group - October 4, 2017
- Nobilario de los Reinos y Titulos de España - September 20, 2017
- Genealogical Resources to Help Discover Your Mexican Ancestry - September 13, 2017
- Genealogical Research in Medieval Asturias - September 6, 2017
- Learn to Read Spanish Documents from the 16th and 17th Centuries - May 17, 2017
- Listas de Pasajeros a Indias – Passenger Lists to the Indies - May 3, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Group With Over 4,000 Members - April 26, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Facebook Pages for Every State - March 22, 2017
- Mexican and Spanish Records at The Portal to Texas History - December 7, 2016
- Find Your Ancestors in the U.S. Social Security Records - November 30, 2016