These are the genealogical resources that I ahve found about Colima, Mexico. I hope that they can be of help to you in your genealogy research.
You can expect to find records going all the way back up until 1536. I know this since that is what I was able to find through my research.
Catholic Church Records
- Colima, Catholic Church Records, 1707-1969 – (Browse Only)
- Mexico, Baptisms, 1560-1950 – (Search Only) Note: Not everything has been indexed.
- Mexico, Deaths, 1680-1940 – (Search Only) Note: Not everything has been indexed.
- Mexico, Marriages, 1570-1950 – (Search Only) Note: Not everything has been indexed.
Civil Registration Records
- Colima, Civil Registration, 1860-1997 – (Browse Only)
Facebook Pages or Groups
- Archivo Histórico Estado de Colima – Facebook profile for the Archives of the state of Colima.
- Centro de Historia Familiar Estaca Colima – Facebook page of Colimas Family History Center.
History of Colima
- Colima – Wikipidia.com’s page about Colima
- History of Colima – History.com page on Colima History.
Information about Municipios of Colima
- 10 Municipios – Page that contains a map of Colima and all of it’s municipios.
- Municipalities of Colima – Wikipidia contaning all the municipios for Colima
Colima Genealogy Forums
- Gen Forum – Forum about Colima, you can respond or inquire by just registering.
- Colima Ancestry Forums – Forum about Colima hosted by Ancestry.com
Colima State and Church Archives
- Archivo Historico del Estado de Colima – This farchive is proud to preserve documents from the beginning of the Colonial period in Mexico. 1536 is the earliest date recorded. It’s document collections are based on a series of protocols that reach 1867.
Websites Focusing on Colima Genealogy Research
- Guadalajar Dispensas – Lists of names extracted from matrimonial dispensations in the archives of the Catholic Diocese of Guadalajara, Jaliso, Mexico.
I am fully aware that there are more resources out there but this is a start. As I come across more of them I will be posting them on this page. Also if your favorite resource is not mentioned here please send me an email I would love to include it.
What Others are Reading NOW!
- How to Trace Your Family Tree in Mexico - December 13, 2017
- Records of the Order of Santiago, 1501-1799 - November 22, 2017
- New Spain & Mexico History Facebook Group - October 4, 2017
- Nobilario de los Reinos y Titulos de España - September 20, 2017
- Genealogical Resources to Help Discover Your Mexican Ancestry - September 13, 2017
- Genealogical Research in Medieval Asturias - September 6, 2017
- Learn to Read Spanish Documents from the 16th and 17th Centuries - May 17, 2017
- Listas de Pasajeros a Indias – Passenger Lists to the Indies - May 3, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Group With Over 4,000 Members - April 26, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Facebook Pages for Every State - March 22, 2017