As I mentioned before, there are many programs to help you manage your Mexican Ancestors Family Tree and some of them even sync to the cloud.
The ones that I have used that do sync to the cloud are Family Tree Maker and MyHeritage, but I do know that there are many others.
Reasons You may Consider to Have A Family Tree Online
- Backup – In case your computer dies.
- Collaborate – You can always invite other family members to help you out.
- Connect With Distant Relatives – You will discover and or get discovered by distant relatives thus providing you with an opportunity to find photos, and stories about your ancestors.
- Share the wealth – Yes, you may have the clue someone else needs to find their common ancestors with you.
These reasons are the ones that have compelled me into having my family tree online.
What Websites Can You Use?
The following websites are just some that will let you make a family tree online that you can share with your friends and family.
They are all free but on some of them additional features may cost you some money.
- ancestry.com – “Is the world’s largest online resource for family history with more than 2.5 million paying subscribers across all family history sites.”
- myheritage.com – “Our vision has been to make it easier for people around the world to use the power of the Internet to discover their heritage and strengthen their bonds with family and friends.”
- wikytree.com – “Is a collaborative community of genealogists and their family members growing a 100% free worldwide family tree.”
- geni.com – “Geni is the world’s leading collaborative genealogy site. Our world family tree contains more than 69,708,476 connected profiles.”
- FamilySearch.org – “Connect Generations, discover your place in history with Family Tree, an easy way to preserve your genealogy online. See what others have contributed, and share your family story.”
As I stated before there are other websites that you can use to make and share your online family tree. The above mentioned are just a few that you can get your feet wet with.
What I Use Personally For Now
I personally use and prefer Ancestry since all the information I enter on my computer syncs effortlessly with my online tree and then it syncs to my android tablet. The only cost that I have done with Ancestry is buying their software for my PC. Having your Family Tree online with them is free and their android app is also free.
I also use them since sending invitations to family members and friends is easy and straight forward. All you do is send them an email through Ancestry and you are done.
In The Future
FamilySearch Trees holds great promise and is rapidly becoming the main online family tree website for many people. At least half if not all of the records that you find online will come from FamilySearch and the ability to link them to you family tree is great. I do plan on using them but will do the jump once I feel that I am ready. For now I am just testing them out.
Which one should you Use?
I recommend that you try them all and use the one that you feel comfortable with and or the one that satisfies all your needs when it comes to your Mexican genealogy research.
What Others are Reading NOW!
- How to Trace Your Family Tree in Mexico - December 13, 2017
- Records of the Order of Santiago, 1501-1799 - November 22, 2017
- New Spain & Mexico History Facebook Group - October 4, 2017
- Nobilario de los Reinos y Titulos de España - September 20, 2017
- Genealogical Resources to Help Discover Your Mexican Ancestry - September 13, 2017
- Genealogical Research in Medieval Asturias - September 6, 2017
- Learn to Read Spanish Documents from the 16th and 17th Centuries - May 17, 2017
- Listas de Pasajeros a Indias – Passenger Lists to the Indies - May 3, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Group With Over 4,000 Members - April 26, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Facebook Pages for Every State - March 22, 2017