The following books will give you a solid foundation to start your Mexican Ancestry search. All three are available at Amazon.com. Remember to check your local library to see if they have a copy that way you won’t have to buy them.
If you don’t have Mexican ancestors, this book will make you wish you had. If you are one of the millions of Americans who can trace your heritage across the Rio Grande, then get ready to come face to face with your own history. In Finding Your Mexican Ancestors, you will discover direct, easy-to-follow instructions that will lead you through Mexico’s carefully preserved records. George and Peggy Ryskamp’s easy style and dynamic approach make finding and using parish records, civil records, and other useful Mexican resources as simple as it is thrilling. – Amazon.com
Mexican-American genealogical research has long been an under-appreciated pastime, practiced by a select few. However, “Mexican-American Genealogical Research: Following the Paper Trail to Mexico” brings a new resource into the public eye. – Amazon.com
This series of student research tools explains the process of genealogical research while creating opportunities to practice and integrate social studies skills. It aims to promote better student understanding of solid research techniques and enhances the American curriculum. The series supplements the thematic strands in the New Curriculum standards for social studies in American schools, such as: culture, time, continuity, and change; individual development and identity; power, authority, and governance; people, places, and environment; individuals, groups, and institutions; global connections. The series also aims to provide students with the opportunity to practice the historian’s craft as they learn how to: collect data; use the latest electronic research tools; obtain and evaluate documents and sources; conduct and record eyewitness acounts of historical events in family life. Each volume also explains to students the “whys” and “hows” of tracing their roots if they are adopted or come from non-tradtional families. – Amazon.com
If you decide to buy these books and you buy them through the links on this page you will be helping support this website with no extra cost to you. Also if you want to buy other genealogy related books you can buy them here Genealogy Books at Amazon.com.
If you know of any other books that are great to get someone started doing Mexican Genealogy please let us know. Or if you recommend any of the above ones please let us know about your experiences with it.
What Others are Reading NOW!
- How to Trace Your Family Tree in Mexico - December 13, 2017
- Records of the Order of Santiago, 1501-1799 - November 22, 2017
- New Spain & Mexico History Facebook Group - October 4, 2017
- Nobilario de los Reinos y Titulos de España - September 20, 2017
- Genealogical Resources to Help Discover Your Mexican Ancestry - September 13, 2017
- Genealogical Research in Medieval Asturias - September 6, 2017
- Learn to Read Spanish Documents from the 16th and 17th Centuries - May 17, 2017
- Listas de Pasajeros a Indias – Passenger Lists to the Indies - May 3, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Group With Over 4,000 Members - April 26, 2017
- Mexican Genealogy Facebook Pages for Every State - March 22, 2017